Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New Backpacking Equipment

I've been busy purchasing backpacking equipment the past month. So far, I have bought: Eureka Tetragon 7 3 person/3 season tent, Snow Peak Gigapower stove, Katadyn Hiker Microfilter, Therm-a-Rest Trail Lite Sleeping Pads w/ stuff sacks, Slumberjack Talon +40 sleeping bags, Granite Gear Dry Sacks, Montrail Torre GTX boots, and some smart wool hiking socks. This is a photo of the Eureka tent that I took last weekend while car camping near Seneca Rocks. Although it didn't rain, I am pleased with the performance of the tent. It was very easy to set up and it breaths well, with almost no condensation build-up inside. It's not the lightest backpacking tent (6.5lb), but it fits our budget and what we plan on doing with it well. Plus, I doubt if I ever backpack alone, so I will always be able to split the load with my hiking partner. Once I have had a chance to test out the rest of my new gear, I will write a post. Posted by Picasa

No comments: